Planning & Zoning - Building Permit Application
The City of Sleepy Eye Planning & Zoning Department offers citizens and contractors the ability to download the application and information that will assist in completing the application. At this time we are not able to offer payment of fees on-line. You must complete all necessary requested information and submit the forms along with the appropriate fees to City Hall. We are available Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to assist you. You may call 507-794-3731 or come to City Hall at 200 Main Street East.
What Requires a Permit?
No permit is needed for the following types of work:
- Retaining Walls less than 4 feet high
- Movable cases, counters and partitions not over 5 feet 9 inches high
The following types of projects require a Building Permit:
- Repair or replace roofing
- Repair or replace siding
- Replacement windows - if not inserts and are larger than original opening
- Replace, install, or remove sheet rock
- Basement waterproofing
- Repair or replace porch or deck
- Partitions over 5 feet 9 inches high
- Storage sheds over 120 square feet
- Building additions
- New construction
Please see the Building Permit Fee Schedule Chart for the fees associated with your project.
The City of Sleepy Eye conforms to the International Building Code.
You can download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader below.
Download the free Adobe Reader to view your Adobe PDF files.