When do I need to apply for building permit?
- All New Construction, Remodel, Roofing, Siding, Fence, Pergola, Decks, plus
- See Permit page for list, fee schedule and application
Who to call for garbage pick-up?
- River View Sanitation: Sleepy Eye: (507) 794-7956, New Ulm: (507) 354-5355
Who picks up sticks/compost/yard waste?
- The City clears sticks and debris from streets only.
- Homeowner is responsible for removal of sticks, grass clippings and other natural debris from their property.
- See the Waste Management page for information on the City's compost site.
Who to contact for Weed Inspection?
- Matt Ibberson (507) 227-0690
Who to contact for Blight Inspection?
- Contact City Hall:
(507) 794-3731 during business hours
Who to contact for repairs on County Roads within city limits?
- Brown County Highway Department – (507) 233-5700
Who to contact for information on the cemeteries in Sleepy Eye?
- St. Mary's Cemetery (Catholic): St. Mary’s Rectory: (507) 794-4171
- Home Cemetery: Jane Fischer (507) 794-7625
How to reach Sleepy Eye Hockey Arena?
- See Facebook page: Sleepy-Eye-Hockey-Arena
What can I do at Sleepy Eye's Driver's License & Registrar Office: See webpage for more information
- You can renew your registration and/or transfer title
- You can register a boat, ATV, Snowmobile or ORV
- You can get a duplicate title printed
- For your driver's license or ID you can get a change of address, and get a replacement for a lost or stolen license or ID.
- You can renew your vehicle tabs.
- See the Driver & Vehicle Service page for more Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
How do I find my polling place?
- All wards vote at the City Community Center/Chamber of Commerce Building.
The address is: 115 2nd Avenue NE
Please enter through the front doors on the west side of the building. Each ward will progress down the appropriate hallways on the right and the left of the facility. Exit through the south door towards the back of the facility.
Where do I apply for a dog license?
- The City does not require a dog license.
- The City ordinance on the number of dogs and/or cats that can be owned per residence is limited to 2.