When do I need to apply for building permit?
- All New Construction, Remodel, Roofing, Siding, Fence, Pergola, Decks, plus
- See Permit page for list, fee schedule and application
Who to call for garbage pick-up?
- River View Sanitation: Sleepy Eye: (507) 794-7956, New Ulm: (507) 354-5355
Who picks up sticks/compost/yard waste?
- The City clears sticks and debris from streets only.
- Homeowner is responsible for removal of sticks, grass clippings and other natural debris from their property.
- See the Waste Management page for information on the City's compost site.
Who to contact for Weed Inspection?
- Matt Ibberson (507) 227-0690
Who to contact for Blight Inspection?
- Matt Ibberson - Contact City Hall (507) 794-3731
Who to contact for repairs on County Roads within city limits?
- Brown County Highway Department – (507) 233-5700
Who to contact for information on the cemeteries in Sleepy Eye?
- St. Mary's Cemetery (Catholic): St. Mary’s Rectory: (507) 794-4171
- Home Cemetery: Jane Fischer (507) 794-7625
How to reach Sleepy Eye Hockey Arena?
- See Facebook page: Sleepy-Eye-Hockey-Arena
Can I register my motor vehicle at the City Hall?
- Yes you can renew your registration and/or transfer title.
Can I register a boat, ATV, Snowmobile or ORV?
- Yes you can register any of these vehicles at the Sleepy Eye City Hall
Can I get a duplicate title printed at the City Hall?
- In most cases we can print a duplicate title.
Can I renew a drivers license at the City Hall?
- Our office is a limited Drivers License Agent. We can do a change of address, replace a lost or stolen drivers license or ID.
How do I find my polling place?
- All wards vote at the City Community Center/Chamber of Commerce Building.
The address is: 115 2nd Avenue NE
Please enter through the front doors on the west side of the building. Each ward will progress down the appropriate hallways on the right and the left of the facility. Exit through the south door towards the back of the facility.
Where do I apply for a dog license?
- Dog licenses are handled at City Hall. All dogs need a license that is good for that animal's life. Cats do not require a license.
- The City ordinance on the number of dogs and/or cats that can be owned per residence is limited to 2.