When do I need to apply for building permit?
- All New Construction, Remodel, Roofing, Siding, Fence, Pergola, Decks, plus
- See Permit page for list, fee schedule and application
Who to call for garbage pick-up?
- River View Sanitation: Sleepy Eye: (507) 794-7956, New Ulm: (507) 354-5355
Who picks up sticks/compost/yard waste?
- The City clears sticks and debris from streets only.
- Homeowner is responsible for removal of sticks, grass clippings and other natural debris from their property.
- See the Waste Management page for information on the City's compost site.
Who to contact for Weed Inspection?
- Matt Ibberson (507) 227-0690
Who to contact for Blight Inspection?
- Pat Bruggeman - Contact City Hall (507) 794-3731
Who to contact for repairs on County Roads within city limits?
- Brown County Highway Department – (507) 233-5700
Who to contact for information on the cemeteries in Sleepy Eye?
- St. Mary's Cemetery (Catholic): St. Mary’s Rectory: (507) 794-4171
- Home Cemetery: Jane Fischer (507) 794-7625
How to reach Sleepy Eye Hockey Arena?
- Currently Under Management Change
Can I register my motor vehicle at the City Hall?
- Yes you can renew your registration and/or transfer title.
Can I register a boat, ATV, Snowmobile or ORV?
- Yes you can register any of these vehicles at the Sleepy Eye City Hall
Can I get a duplicate title printed at the City Hall?
- In most cases we can print a duplicate title.
Can I renew a drivers license at the City Hall?
- Our office is a limited Drivers License Agent. We can do a change of address, replace a lost or stolen drivers license or ID.